Future Meeting Topics

• 12 Sep 2014 10:20 AM
    Message # 3097774
    Bryant Zimmerman (Administrator)
    The board is looking for topic ideas and presenters. If you would like to present on a topic of interest to the group would love to talk with you.

If you have a suggestion on a topic we would love to hear it.

If you know of a vendor or anyone else that could talk on a topic please share them with us.

WMNTUG is run by it's members for it's members. Please help us keep meetings interesting and fresh.

The board is looking for topic ideas and presenters. If you would like to present on a topic of interest to the group would love to talk with you. 

If you know of a vendor or anyone else that could talk on a topic please share them with us. 

WMNTUG is run by it's members for it's members. Please help us keep meetings interesting and fresh.

• 13 Jan 2015 10:56 AM
    Reply # 3196246 on 3097774

I've got a couple of short topic presentations I could give, even on short notice. I would need to borrow a laptop running Chrome or Firefox. The Firebug extension would be helpful if using Firefox.

I have kept track of PC Shipment data from Gartner and IDC going back to 2004. I also have tracked Net Applications Computer OS Version data over that same time period. And I have Net Applications Mobile OS Version data going back to 2010. Lots of charts, lots of stories.

I also have a Mileage & Gas Receipt app I've created using MySQL, PHP, JavaScript HTML5 and CSS. Very interactive, very lightweight. I can show how newer web apps are different than their predecessors. By targeting the modern day browser as my platform, this app (should) run on any computer, phone or tablet. UI designed to respond to voice input.

• 10 Mar 2015 7:55 AM
    Reply # 3246115 on 3097774
    Anonymous

If there is interest in exploring MS Azure, I could present on the topic and discuss most any aspect of Microsoft's public cloud service. 

• 21 Apr 2015 10:02 AM
    Reply # 3310808 on 3097774

IDC and Gartner report quarterly PC shipments by vendor. A history of vendor shipments can be seen here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag1dLjAb71VacGhaYThfWk9XRHkzcXRxOVBPVGR3RlE&usp=sharing

Net Applications monitors web site traffic to determine which operating system is being used. Net Applications data showing operating system market share can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OyCGKJvp0YrvxX-cMunE1yyxAZi_eZb1BtMJJz-fUIw/edit?usp=sharing

Mailing Address:
     WMNTUG
     3148 Plainfield Ave NE Ste 227
     Grand Rapids, MI 49525-3285